Friday, April 21, 2006

New PC for me!

Been a while since I posted here, and the wife was making fun of me for not updating enough in my blog. Quick blurb here, will be updated a bit later on.

I'm building a new computer for myself. The last one of its kind was built in the last quarter of 2001... and I've been patching on new technolog as it becomes available ever since. In fact, the computer I'm posting this on from now is that very same computer. To give you an idea of its age, is uses RAMBUS, doesn't have USB 2.0, no SATA, and still uses AGP 8x. I know, I know, ANCIENT. So to give myself a platform on which to last me another 5 years, I got myself a top of the line motherboard from ASUS. It's the A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Lets just say, this board is beautiful. Dual gigabit LAN. Onboard 8-channel audio. SATA II, built in RAID, PCIe 16x times two (a feature not many boards have). I have ordered all the parts from NewEgg and everything but the keyboard has arrived (wait until you see the keyboard, it rocks!). I'll be taking pictures of the process as I did with the last computer I built, and soon my next post will be posted from the new computer.

All I need is a new name for it.

No comments: